Monday 9 November 2015

Libraries using Pinterest

With Pinterest, libraries can promote books and authors, and categorise these by genre or any variety of category they choose.

Pinterest is probably my most favourite social media platform. It is such a great way to gather links and images in a visually pleasing and easy to organise way.

My local library network has a great Pinterest account. My two favourite pin boards of theirs are the “Library Fun” (I think the librarians who pin to this board enjoy it as much as their followers do) and the “For Writers” board, as a writer I really love that my local library network supports local and upcoming writers, and provides inspiration through their Pinterest board.

They also have a few boards dedicated to “Reading Inspiration” which are categorised into children, youth and general.

Other great pin boards include, fun ideas for book week, recommended reading, history and genealogy, fun ideas for children, and GRLC library spaces (promoting the various Geelong Region libraries).

Check out Geelong Regional Libraries on Pinterest, and be sure to have a laugh at their Library Fun board!

No comments:

Post a Comment